Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Grande Knock Out Rose With a Shot of Nitrogen

Hey guys! Just a quick thing that I found super duper exciting today! Did you know that coffee grounds are great for your soil and gardens because they are rich in nitrogen, an essential nutrient for plant growth? And that it keeps away ants, slugs, snails and cats? Did you know that if not used for aiding in soil growth they would be sent to a landfill? Well, did you also know that Starbucks bags up their coffee grounds and saves them for customers daily for free? I didn't, until today!

I walked into my local Starbucks to grab my daily fix and saw a bin on the floor full of large grounds of coffee and I was like, "hmm...that's weird." Until the words "free" on the side really caught my eye. I looked closer and saw the label read that these were meant to be used for you garden and soil and is super eco-friendly. So I double checked and lugged one up to the counter and said, "for real, is this free?" And sure enough there were going to let me lug away this big ole bag out of the store to use as free plant bed nutrients. So I did, thanks Starbucks! The guy at the counter told me that if they don't have some sitting out next time I'm in I can always ask them to start saving some just for me and I can just stop in and ask for my bag. How sweet!

Though I'd share this knowledge I came across today and maybe your local Starbucks or coffee shop has something like this they can offer for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment