Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Mr. Clean

Remember when we went all eco-friendly on our cleaning supplies back in this post? Well I wanted to share a small update on how the bathroom cleaner is working out for us. We bought Meyer's Clean Day Bathroom Cleaner in Lavender. I was a little apprehensive about it because it boasts on the bottle how it has a 'non-harsh' 'all natural' formula and since I've only used products that usually contain bleach or other harsh chemicals I was worried that it wouldn't get the job done. 



So I let our bathroom sink get a little grody and junked up with toothpaste and soap rings. Isn't it lovely? Then I took our all natural, smell good, earth friendly cleaner to the test. I sprayed the cleaner directly in the sink and on the faucet and underneath the soap dispenser. I left it sit on there for about as long as it took to set the cleaner down and grab my damp washcloth then I started wipping it off. I used normal pressure just to test it's strength and let me tell you, it did great! 


See how shiny and sparkly it looks now? It got all of the toothpaste chunks off as well as built up soap residue on the faucet and the soap ring our dispenser leaves underneath itself. I didn't have to put any extra elbow grease into cleaning which is nice. And the smell? It's great, it's like a soft lavender scent, not too strong but you can still get a whiff. It didn't burn my nose or eyes like most cleaners and it didn't dry out my hands all funky like harsher cleaners do. Bonus!


We've been sticking with the vinegar + water combo to clean our kitchen and dining room table, but I think I will try to find a Meyer's all-purpose in Lavender just because lavender smells better than vinegar, you know? Here's where you can buy a two pack of the lavender all purpose cleaner refills, just provide your own spray bottle and you're good to go. 

                                          

I've also done some research on reusable swiffer cloths because with hardwoods I've been having to swiffer three or four times a week so we go through them pretty quickly. I found these on Amazon. I'm thinking about ordering one or two here pretty soon when we run out of the swiffer cloths we have now. It says it's machine washable so I figure it will be nice to have one on backup if the other is still drying. Happy green cleaning! 



1 comment:

  1. Looks fab, I am going to try it. I am
    tired of my eyes and nose burning
    from the harsh cleaners. Thanks E.

    ReplyDelete