Saturday, February 1, 2014

I Love This App

I recently purchased and download a new app on my iPhone and I love love love it. It's called Waterlouge App and it's only $2.99. I have a bagillion photo editing apps on my phone and this may be my new favorite. It lets you turn any images you have on your camera roll in to beautiful watercolor high-res images.


You can change the watercolor effect with a few simple filters as well as making the paint tone lighter or darker. I saved all of these at medium, but there is a large option. I pulled the medium up in Photoshop and it was huge so I bet the large would make a nice print quality option. 




These were all just simple iPhone pics I had hanging out on my camera roll. I love that the creators even got the texture of watercolor paper to come through.


How cool would a bunch of succulents ran through this app and printed out in large 12x12 be? The answer is really cool, by the way.


This particular shot and the one below I took a little step further and opened them up in Photoshop to remove the background (the roses were shot against our beadboard wall and the air plant image picked up too much wall texture for my liking). 


I have always enjoyed the simple, fluid look of watercolor art, but I am no where near talented enough to create it. Of course these will never beat the real thing, but heck for some inexpensive artwork to hang or even gift, it's worth it. 


1 comment:

  1. I love the Waterlouge app but was wondering about print sizes. Sounds like I'll be OK to print at whatever size I want! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete