Monday, April 15, 2013

Window Shopping: Target

Similar to our post a few days ago when we went window shopping in Anthro let's take a look around Target shall we? The Target closest to us just wrapped up their remodel which included adding a Starbucks (hallelujah) and rearranging to add fresh groceries and a larger home section, so it's got lots of new goodies. 

How about these new teal and white vases? How easy would these be to make on your own with a pretty colored glass vase and a swirl of white paint in the inside bottom? 


These here would be just as easy to create that striped look with some painters tape and acrylic paint. Think of the color options! And how cute, now that we have spring flowers for picking, would a bunch of painted glass vases be clustered as a centerpiece or mantle top?


Also, I just have to brag for a minute about a steal of a deal I came across the other day. I have been eye balling these wooden vases from Target for months now, but paying close to 20 or 30 smacks for a vase just isn't in my game plan (fyi these vases are on the wrong price sign).

So I walked into Big Lots for the first time ever the other day and I wondered around and found some cool stuff, but as I was heading out to leave a clearance cart caught my eye. It was full of sea shell/beach themed stuff (which, is so not our style) but hidden among the sand and star fish I found these exact wooden vases! It was an in between size from the ones below....for...wait...SEVEN DOLLARS. I died, resisted buying the rest they had in stock and just bought one. Then I went to Target and rubbed it in their faces.


Moving on now, how about these golden rhinos and lions? Maybe kids room...maybe my living room.


And these baskets. Ugh. I love. I feel like baskets are going through a nice makeover these days...like a What Not To Wear Makeover. They're quickly moving from icky colored wicker to unique materials and color patterns, minus the ribbon threaded through the top, hahaha.


I know this particular table as been in Target for ages but I love love it. Like I want it so so bad. It needs to go on clearance. I think it would look fab next to our new couch.  Also side note: do you say sofa or couch? I can never tell which one is appropriate. Maybe I'll make a new one...souch or cofa.


And these mirrors. Love. And I think for the set they were under 40 bucks so hello steal of a deal. I'm loving gold more and more these days and I love that this gold is matted so it's not in-your-face-jersey-style gold.


Now let me say that I am not a fan of buying store bought ready made art. It's just not my jam. Too many other people have it and it's just too easy to make it on your own to go pay for something. Anyways, I do like this print, but you could totes make this on your own.

12 x 12 canvas +
12 x12 scrap book paper +
modge podge =
fabulous art for probably less than 20 dollars and 10 minutes.


Also this. I love catch-all-memo-board things so this is right up my alley. We're also kind of in the process of redoing the office with the works of a new desk so I am really into finding cool office accessories right now. But I left it at the store :(


And this light! Oh my gosh! If Target is going to start working on offering lighting I will die. I want three of these. Somewhere.


Lastly, it looks as if they're starting a new section called Giftables to Go and it's full of quirky, inexpensive products for quick gift giving ideas.


How about this washi tape dispenser? Wooden and comes with 5 tapes? I think I might go back today and get it. The tape dispenser I have been coveting might lose out since it's way too darn expensive for a tape dispenser.


And you know I'm into ceramic animals acting as bowls. So hello nesting pigs. Maybe come sit with my nesting hedge hogs?




No comments:

Post a Comment