Thursday, April 11, 2013

Nate Berkus in the House

After dealing with too short, too light, too sheer curtains for almost a year I finally took the plunge and brought Nate Berkus home with me. But let me tell you curtains are too dang expensive for their own good. Like seriously no one hardly ever needs just one curtain so when they're anywhere in between 24.99-49.99 for one panel we're talking at bare minimum about 50 smacks just for one window. 

So when I find them on sale it's like whoa, these curtains are now mine. And it seems like holding out for curtains until they're around 10 bucks seems to be the going trend for us. So enter in this lovelies from the Nate Berkus collection at Target. Both panels were marked down from 24.99 to 9.98 so I snatched up two of the grey (on the left) and four of the blue (on the right). 


I also made sure to pick up some clip rings so we wouldn't be dealing with too short curtains anymore. Since our old curtains were temporary I just hadn't gotten around to clipping them yet, but we went ahead and hung the rod at the height we knew we wanted it once we got the curtains of our dreams.


But I do have a small conspiracy theory in the works involving curtain makers, curtain ring clip makers, hot dog makers and hot dog bun makers. You know how it's annoying when you buy hot dogs that come 10-to-a-pack and then you go buy buns that come 8-to-a-pack? Yeah it's the same thing with curtain and curtains ring clips. You buy a panel with 8 tabs but then you only get 7 ring clips per package. Ridiculous. 


Anyways, the curtains are up and I love them. We hung the solid grey panels on the outer edge and a single sheer per window on the inside. So I got to take two panels back, holla!


And this is my favorite shot. It's the reflection in the mirror that we hung a while back. It shows our awesome new rug, our watercolor succulents from my cousin Amy, and of course an array of houseplants.


No comments:

Post a Comment