Monday, November 18, 2013

Some New Things

If there's any excuse to change up my mantle, I'll definitely use the fact that I got a gold mirror as one of them. This particular mirror used to be black when I picked it up from Michael's at 70% off. Brought it home, put my Goldfinger on it and called it done. Paired with black framed gold feathers (a b-day gift from bestie) and my Big Lots wooden vase, I think it likes life. 



I picked up this "live simply" card during a First Friday junking day in Kansas City back in October. I've been trying really hard to eliminate the unnecessary (whether it be accessories, clothes, food, sleeping in...). When I drop off a ton of stuff at Goodwill or the consignment shop I physically feel lighter and I think our house can breath easier too.
p.s. this gold mirror replaced the large rectangle avocado mirror that now lives at my mom's; just swapping things out for something more our style


I have been looking for some fake artichokes...call me crazy but I think they're so funny. But, hello, they can cost an arm and a leg. I found these on long stems and fall clearance at Michael's for $1.50 each. I brought them home and yanked the stem off and now they sit pretty on their own.


I also swapped out our living room lamp shades thanks to a b-day gift card to Target (thanks, angie!). I plan on garage selling the old ones. I don't know the proper terms but you know the difference between lamp shades that require the harp and the ones that don't? Well the ones that don't, the one's that the lamp shade just rests under the light bulb, well those suck. They wobble around too much and get crooked all. the. time. We were constantly adjusting them and trying to get them to stay straight, but to no avail. I didn't know such lamp knowledge when we picked them out for our registry, but they have to go.


Also, how about some dried flowers for fall decorations? My bestie got married and had the most beautiful live flowers. Since it was my duty to return borrowed containers to the florist I also got to deconstruct some of her centerpieces and kept what was cute to dry out....maybe she'll get some :) But these here are called Billy Balls. This is what they will look like forever.


And I'm not sure what these yellow guys were called but they are so pretty. It's the same flower that sticking out of the wooden vase on the mantle.


Another unknown here, but just simple and cute. That is all that is necessary to make it in my house.


Last new thing...this beautiful grey wood grain pillow I picked up from Homegoods. Along with the best accessory ever...sweet Toby's tail.


No comments:

Post a Comment