Friday, November 15, 2013

Globes of Light


When we moved in all of our light fixtures were builder grade - you know the boob looking ones. This is only our second change (the fan in our master, the first) [here and here] and I absolutely love it. 

It's the Large Wire Globe Light in Smoke Grey. For a light this size to be under a 100 smacks, I thank YHL and all their awesomeness. 

Oh, and the best part? Nana and I hung it all. by. ourselves. But don't go calling me as your electrician yet, I had to call in my uncle (who also helped us with the fan) to check some of my wires and have the muscle to screw in the base to the ceiling mount. Doing things above your head while standing on a 50+ year old dining table is kind of anxiety inducing. But it turns out just one of the wire caps came loose - other than that we did everything right - without instructions! 




And obviously I had to get an old-timey industrial bulb that you can find at Target. The globe is really large and oversized for the room, but since it's a see-through wire cage and not a solid mass it doesn't weigh anything down. And literally weighs like 2 pounds. It also comes with three feet of chain in case you're putting it in a lofted space, but I wanted it as flush as could be so we only used 2 links of the chain.


Let me tell you, the second best part are the shadow casts at night. Super cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment