Monday, June 11, 2012

The Rug Doctor

Since we all know that I would do anything for our furbaby Ed, then you should know off the bat that this post is only happening because of him. You see B and I have dealt with 'apartment style carpet' for about the last 5 years from living in various places while in college. By 'apartment style carpet' I mean the cheapest, thinest, smelliest, dirtiest, most unsanitary carpet ever of all time. So you can say that I have grown a tad bit of a fear of carpet. I don't like any of it. I can only imagine what things are in there and I know how dirty it can get in a short amount of time. So needless to say one of the things at the tip top of our priority list when house hunting were hardwood floors and zero carpet. Well our house has most of what we wanted since it only has carpet in the master bedroom (which will be taken care of at some point) and hardwoods everywhere else. 

But now back to why this post is about Ed...now imagine our little furbaby who loves to cuddle on the couch with us while we catch up with shows on Hulu trying to get traction on the hardwood in order to jump up on to the couch. I'll give you a hint: it doesn't happen. Instead he picks the best part of the show to decide he wants up there with us and barks and barks at us until I reach down and pick him up.  What kind of mother would I be if I didn't put my fear of carpet and rugs aside and try to help a shih tzu out? 

Then it just so happened to be that a beautiful rug was on sale at Tuesday Morning. I saw the ad while over at Nana's and I should know better then to point out things I like because the next week her and Aunt C were dropping off it in my living room. 

It's a 5x8 which runs the length of our current couch and is a nice chocolate brown base with teal and avocado green ikat pattern. 


I think it looks great with our makeshift coffee table (a trunk I snuck out of my aunt's garage).


I love how it pops against the wood floor but doesn't draw too much attention to itself like "Hey, I'm carpet! Come drop beer on me!" And by the way, in case you were wondering, Eddie lurves it. He can't stop posing with it. He naps with it. He eats treats on it. It's his soulmate. And yes as soon as we rolled it out, like even before we got it situated, he used it to help him get up on the couch and just looked at all of us like, "freaking, finally guys, you get it."

See him? He's camera shy but couldn't part with his new BFF.


Oh, and here's a close up of one of those free pillows a snagged from my cousin's wife. I'm apparently ok with mixing so many patterns, but know that these won't stay. We've thought that after the wedding we'll start saving for a new couch (sectional!) so there will be time for more intense thought on pillows later. 


Here's a shot of some coasters I scored from Pier1 for under $6. They are an embossed metal with a felt bottom. I like. 


The coasters came in their own holder/case thing that I guess really OCD people put their coasters back in when they are finished using it. Are you ever finished using a coaster? Do people take the time to do this? I don't, so anyways, I decided to take it to use on my nightstand as my ring/hair tie/chap stick holder instead. Two for one I say. 


So there you have it. The Rug Dr. came and fixed all of Ed's worries and ailments. I think the rug looks great and it's actually a nice break for our feet since we're not used to walking around on such hard flooring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment