Thursday, September 27, 2012

Stranger Danger

I have this problem of buying, asking for, getting, hoarding lots and lots of picture frames. I have them all. Literally. All the frames from Ikea? In my house. All the frames from Target? In my house. But the even bigger problem with my frame addiction is that it takes me years a while to fill them with photos/cuteness of my very own. Yes I am that person that hangs frames with the stranger photo still in it and then I leave it there. Sometimes I will get around to cutting a small piece of scrapbook paper to hide the strangers, but it does take me a while to figure out exactly what I want to put in the frame. I don't want just pictures of B & me all around the house, but it feels weird to ask our friends and family for pictures of them if we can't find one that includes one of us in the photo. 

So instead, I like the idea of framing some actual photos of people, but also framing things that we just like. Like cutesy sayings or our save the date or nice cards we've gotten from people. So that's what I set off to do and I did! Well, I did one frame, that's it. I'm sorry. Here is the small collage we have going on in the hallway in between the guest bedroom and the hall bath. The missing piece is that frame set that I took down to replace the inside. 



This is said frame. It was a house warming gift from one of my BFFs. Notice there is one actual photo in there! That was a shot taken by my cousin Amy of Mallory, Bryan and myself after we spent the day taking photos for our engagement shoot. 


And this is a lovely card I actually got to go with the gift above from my BFF! How ironic! I saved it because I loved the colors and the flower comes off the card all 3D like and I think that's really cool. And how else are we supposed to keep cards? And the suckers aren't cheap anymore! 


So I took the stranger picture out of the collage frame and taped it behind the area on the card I wanted to cut out and got it down to this size. 


Then I just popped it back in. The nice thing about this collage was the even though the view of the picture is oval the glass and hole in the back for whatever you are putting in it is rectangle so it makes cutting a heck of a lot easier. 


Frame up! This is the collage all back together again, yay! Oh and that cute saying/print in the upper right hand frame says "you're the only {insert giant fish graphic here} in the sea for me", how cute? Oh and the metal "W" came from this super awesome place here in town called the River City Trading Post. 


Nice little color added to the wall I think. And now every time I walk past this to go to the bathroom I will think of my BFF. Well, that sounds weird. 


Oh, and I turn 24 tomorrow. Super weird. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks great. Oh and if you want a pic of me, just ask. No weirdness. ;-)

    ReplyDelete