Thursday, October 25, 2012

Falling into Fall

Fall is here, yay! I love love fall and I love decorating for fall, but we like to keep the spending for seasonal decorations on the low side. So for our front porch I gave myself a $10 spending limit and was even able to stay under budget. We went to the store and picked up a small pumpkin, some corn, and some cute squashes. The sit perfectly with our lanterns that we are reusing from our wedding decorations that we picked up from Pier1 on sale (and using my BFF's discount, holla!). 


The other potted plants came from mom and nana and are filled with perennials and succulents. Oh and in the very back pot we have a dollar store scarecrow find.


Since I came in under budget for the outdoor decorations I picked up this cute wooden sign from Gordman's for 4.99. 


And this cute glass star for 2.99 that I think would work for long term decorations and stand out for fall (with the bronze color) and for christmas (with its star shape). Also how cute are those lion head book ends? I snagged those up from my mom's garage sale pile. I see spray painting plans in their futures. 


Then over on the end table we have a too cute cable knit sweater vase from Target along with an orange glass LED flicker candle that we are reusing from the wedding decorations. And how cute is that "BOO" sign that I picked up from Gordman's for 1.99? The sign and the vase sit on top of some log slices that we used at the wedding that I got from Michael's a while ago.


Over in the fireplace corner we have a cream hurricane that was a housewarming gift along with the W we used for our photo booth at the wedding along with a small log that we used in wedding decorations that I got from my BFF. She used this log and a handful of others for decorations at her mom's 50th birthday party.


On the other end we have another orange flicker candle and another lantern hanging out with it.


So there we have it. Fall. In the house. Yay. Oh and you better believe I have me some pumpkin spice candles burning like 24/7. Well the meltaway ones, they are safer.

No comments:

Post a Comment