Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Lion, The Deer and The Bookcase

We visited Vintage Market Days held in Bixby, OK last weekend where a bunch of vendors set up antique goodies and refurbished finds. I not only left with a bunch of ideas and a fuel to get my craft on but also a handful of small pieces for our bookshelf. I was able to restyle the shelf with a lot of stuff we had on hand and got to squeeze in my new friends. 


First, I have to show off my new lion head friends. I grabbed them out of my mom's garage sale pile and decided to give them a face lift. Before I spray painted them a glossy white they were a distressed ivory. And yes, I do think it's a little humorous that my lion head helps hold up one of my vegetarian cookbooks. 


This deer antler was one of my VM finds for just 3 bucks. I think he looks pretty fancy sitting on a stack of books. And yes we still have some stranger danger going on in the background.


 I scored this milk glass bowl/vase and the jumbo jack for 5 bucks.


And how about that small globe? I picked him out of a vase of other globes and saw he was marked down because of a small dent. Well that very dent allows the round globe to stand freely on my shelf. Win, win.


We also moved around our Target wedding gift console table. It was originally in our room as my side table, but we needed another entryway table for keys and coins. Underneath we have a basket (still empty) and our wedding albums. I hope this picture shows how funky this little area is to style functionally. We have a bookshelf that is mostly in the end of our living area but still somewhat sneaks into our mudroom/bar/nook area. And the wood floor drops off right on the edge into the tiled nook so it makes for some funky placements.



Lastly we moved the secretary to replace my side table in the bedroom and brought in the metal cart that used to hold our printer in the office. I like this much better since it's open and less bulky for this little corner. The boxes below hold all our wine opening accessories and extra napkins and other small bar necessities. I would like to add some wine bottle holders to the side to free up some space from the top shelf. 


Anyways that's where we are. Always shuffling furniture in this house. Nothing is safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment