Saturday, December 8, 2012

....and Pillows Under the Tree

The weekend after Thanksgiving seems to be a good time for us to start decorating for the December Holidays even though it felt weird to be putting up reindeer and snowmen when it was over 70 degrees outside. Any who, I picked up these awesome reindeers at The Salvation Army for two bucks each. I of course snagged me a can of a nice grey glossy spray paint and gave them a makeover. 

Here they are hanging out. Playing reindeer games. Ha. 


And here they are all gussied up on our fireplace hearth. I lurve them. They hang out with our kidney bean vase and electric insulator. They get cozy thanks to the votive that I plopped into that has-been drinking glass. I found it, along with two others, at The Salvation Army for .99 cents a piece. Steal!


Here is another little holiday setting for ya. Poor lighting, it was dark, I'm sorry. We have some ikea basket vases, a vintage milk glass vase (flea market find for 2 bucks), salvation army drinking glass turned candle holder, a giant red ornament and my holiday star from Gordman's. Snazzy.


How cute is this votive holder? Less then 5 smacks at BBW. The candles burning are called Sparkling Icicles. I used to loath candles that had the name of something that doesn't have a smell. I have since had to fold in this emotion because all candles now smell like something that doesn't really exist. The sleigh was a Dollar Store find last year and is filled with red and white candy ornaments.

But seriously, what is Wedding Day supposed to smell like? Nervous sweat and cake?


The final .99 cent glass sits with this sweat geometric candle box holder thing from BBW that was around thirteen bucks, but was free because I had a sweet coupon. The candle burning in there is Chestnut & Clove. Now that, my friends, we know what smells like. Or you could at least find some chestnuts and cloves and smell them. You can't just go smelling a wedding.


The dining room table set up. The tray we got from B's mom, the vases and candles we've had and the hurricane in the back was a steal from TJ MAXX for 5 bucks. I filled it with a neutral vase filler from Target along with some small gold ornaments.


I plopped another jumbo red ornament here too to add some festive-ness.


And finally....the tree. We are still using my white tree that I've had from college. It kind of started to yellow this year so I see a new tree in our Holiday Future. This year we were able to add some sports ornaments that B's grandma has been collecting for him for the last 26 years (along with other themes). Next year I'd like to get our regular tree for regular ornaments and a table top real tree for the smell and so we can put ornaments that really mean something to us on them and maybe be able to mix it up every year.

And yes those are pillows under our tree.


I put pillows down there because I'm crazy to fill space. Luckily we don't have a lot of people to buy for these days, but that also means not a lot of presents get to hang out under the tree. Like right now we have two under there and I bet you couldn't even tell. It's like Where's Waldo over here. These pillows also usually hang out in the guest room so I don't get to see them that often, but for this month I can. It also allows me to showcase my wonderful bird collection (stop rolling your eyes). And yes, the two white ones in the back are salt and pepper shakers. No judging. Happy Holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment