Monday, February 25, 2013

Banners and Babies

For the past couple of months I've been working really hard at trying to get back into photography. Heck, my degree even focuses on photography so I think it's about time I pay attention to it. My dad got me my first set focus film camera way back in 1996 when I was just eight. From there I upgraded to various cameras over the years all from point and shoots to polaroids to fancy DSLR's. Currently I'm working with a Nikon D-3200 and I love love it. 

So anyways a small wall in our office has turned into a mini photo shoot area mainly for my second cousin Jett who is just reaching seven months old. So in order to spice up the area and bring in new themes and backgrounds I whipped up this little scrapbook banner last week. 

I bought the ready-to-decorate banner for 4.99 (with my 40% off coupon) and six sheets of scrapbook paper all at half off. All I needed to complete the project were scissors and a glue stick. To make the banner I simply traced the triangle on the scrapbook page (I was able to fit two triangles per page) then cut out the triangle and glued it onto the banner backing. 


The banner was something like 10 feet long so since I wanted a layered banner look I cut the banner to give me three sections of flags. Here is one set up I use with the banner against a white backdrop and a small basket with blanket just big enough for a squishy baby.


Here is the final setup we used with Jett. At six months he was just able to sit himself up even though he toppled over about every 10 frames, haha. But I think it's cute. It gives a nice color pop to the background and the bonus is the other side of the flags are still white so once I get a little girl baby to take pictures of then I can get new paper to accessorize the other side more fittingly.


No comments:

Post a Comment