Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Chevron in the House

When we last left off on the bookcase trial and (mostly) errors we weren't looking pretty. And this is the shot in real time...even worse. To bring you up to speed I had this big dream of a solid beautiful navy bookcase. Solid as in not the bead board backing it had, I wanted it to be a solid against the wall of lines. So I tried some spray adhesive + scrapbook paper + foam board cut to size....well that = fail. Once the temperatures changed or whatever excuse I want to use, the papers started crinkling and coming unglued at the corners. 

So I let it hang out looking like a hot mess for weeks until I came across something. I knew something would pop up right when I wasn't focused on fixing the problem and sure enough it did. 


A couple of weekends ago while out at Gordman's with my bff we stumbled upon this beauty. Self adhesive shelf liner in a grey and white chevron. Sure it wasn't the solid color I dreamed of but hey I do love me some chevron and it was on 4.99 for over 30 yards. Sold.


So then finally this last weekend (with the help of the same bff) we got her up. And boy oh boy oh boy do I love it. Seriously I think it's the pop of bold that this wall needed. And even though it is a pattern I think since the chevron goes horizontal while the bead board goes vertical it does help break it all up.


I will tell you this stuff isn't the easiest in the world to apply. Luckily it's not like super glue so if you mess up (which we did, a ton) then you can carefully peel it back and reapply. There are still air bubbles in there that I think just won't come out (since the boards and the wall are both bowed and uneven) and if you look closely you can see where the bead board creases are. But seriously, I've said it before, but if you come over to my house and look that closely at my things and say something you can go to your perfect house and sit, haha. But seriously.


How about this gorge shot? This is one of those prints I picked up while we were in Colorado. Oh and that little skull thing? Haha, he's from Hobby Lobby that I spray painted white. 


Oh, and here ya go! Ugh, I love it. You can see we went up a little on the roof of each shelf. This was a) easier and b) that's it, we did it because it was the easiest way to handle too big contact paper. 


The best shot. No words, I just love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment