Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Heart Shapes & Boxes

As we all learned from this post I am no stranger to hanging pictures of strangers on my walls so this is what our entryway has been looking like for a while. I will come up with an idea for a project and find the perfect frame or shadow box then let it hang on the wall for months until B is like, "ok, for real". 


Here is a shadow box my mom picked up for us at Ross, it's a wooden box with a cool scroll design on top and dotted frame around the glass that houses a tan cushion - it even came with pearl topped pins. 


I picked up a ton of 4x6 and 5x7 white frames from Target a while back when they were clustered for 4.99 or 5.99 for a pack of 4. The left has a shot from our engagement pictures and the right has a piece of teal/gray scrapbook paper that has all these frames on them with some words, this one says "happy". The 9 I found at River City Trading Post in Jenks for 1.99 - it has now became 'our number' since it's our wedding month.


This is the floating frame I picked up specifically for a project months ago, it came from Michael's for under ten bucks. I saw a cute idea on Pinterest to cut out heart shapes from a map of significant places and float them in a frame. 


I picked this Road Atlas up from Target for 7.99. 


Then I tore out the pages I needed - Missouri, Oklahoma, Mexico - where we met, where we married, where we honeymooned.


Then I took off one of the pictures of the strangers and folded it in half and did what I know best on how to make a symmetrical heart ala junior high days. 


So now I have a heart shaped stranger instead of a 3x4 inch stranger. 


Then I placed my heart over the area of my map I wanted to cut out and got my places all together and plopped them in the frame with a piece of dot tape. Then I put the little guy back where I've had him hanging for months. 



Next came the shadow box guy - here is a little better shot of his color and detail, super cute, eh?


I wanted to put a shadowbox of wedding day memorabilia in here so I gathered up all the small wedding stuff we still have scattered about the house. I sorted through our Save The Date, Invitation, Reserved Seating cards, the Wedding Program, our Wedding Favors, a scrap of burlap and lace, a twig of wheat and greenery and a small succulent. 


And here's is what we ended up with - the Save the Date, Invitation and wedding favor all made it in as well as the floral samples and the fabric samples.


Here is a closer shot of those precious precious memories. I like having this here because I loved loved all of our wedding announcement things and keeping a small sample of the floral and fabric gives a nice look see into the feel of our wedding for us as the years go by and we forget the entire day. 


So here is the entryway wall again with the shadow box and hearts framed - we are now down to one(!) stranger framed here...there are still a couple scattered throughout the rest of the house.


Oh and here is what we have going on, on top of the 'shoe bin' that pops made here - this post also gives you a peak at how the entryway started. These little guys are a cute succulent set I picked up from Pier1 for under 6 bucks. You know I love me some succulents and I think this are just too presh. 


This is a tray and cute woven candle I snagged from the clearance shelf at Target for under 2 dollars. The other candle is a BBW candle (hello, fall scents), but this tray is great because it holds our keys and as long as B remembers to put his keys here in the first place, he never forgets where they are. 


No comments:

Post a Comment