Monday, May 6, 2013

Wall-e

Fewest picture post in...ever. I just wanted to update on the entryway wall collage since it seems to be the thing that changes most in the house. We've come a long way, but it's not finished quite yet. With the dining looking as snazzy as it's been looking lately I really want to slap some paint on those beige-y walls. 

At first I wanted to just use white frames for the collage but it seems as I've added different textures and tones here and there (teal W, wooden ampersand, etc) I really like the modge podge look better. Heck we even have stuff that isn't in a frame at all - I'm looking at you sticks of fake lavender. But I honestly think the entire space will look ten times better with a better shade of paint behind it. This color just really washes everything out in a sea of thick, creamy butter tone. 


Here's another shot for you so maybe you can see what things actually are. We have some shots from our engagement shoot and wedding day, some free printables, some scrapbook paper, watercolor art from my cousin, a shadow box, some keys, some scrabble tiles and even some maps.

I grew up with my nana framing her one hallway floor to ceiling in picture frames so I think the collage thing was bound to happen. I just wanted it to look more like a piece of art itself (shape wise) and hold things other than pictures - more of a shoe box of memories tactfully hung on the wall. I mean I might be the only one who things this is tactfully done, but hey whatevs.


No comments:

Post a Comment